The global outbreak of COVID-19 has led most governments to impose lockdown measures to curb the spread of this killer disease. Now that you have more time on your hands indoors, you are most likely left spending a lot of time scrolling through different social media platforms.
One of the most popular platforms is Instagram, which has more than one billion global users. And with the lockdown, many other users will spend a lot of their time scrolling through their Instagram feed. If you want to capitalize on this, Bumped has come to your aid by highlighting four smart ways to make extra income on Instagram during the lockdown.
- Content Creation
Many companies have resorted to content marketing to reach their many users looking for niche appropriate posts or blogs. Some of the opportunities to make money on Instagram include;
- Writing viral hashtags
- Producing animations
- Editing images and videos
- Designing persuasive info-graphics
- Writing compelling captions
Brands are always looking for individuals who boast such skills to help them promote their products or services. As a content creator, you get paid for remotely rendering any of these services.
- Influencer Marketing
The last few years have seen a quick rise in influencer marketing, which is among the newest methods of generating money online. For about 70% of companies, influencer marketing is viewed as the most effective way to increase brand awareness and user engagement. And with Instagram being the best social media platform for influencer marketing, you should look to capitalize on its potential.
There are four categories of Instagram influencers and these include;
- Nano-influencers: Have about 5,000 followers and make around $20 per sponsored post.
- Micro-influencers: They usually have about 100K followers and are highly-engaged in certain areas. These influencers earn between $100 to $500 for each sponsored post.
- Macro-influencers: These influences have under 1 million followers and make between $1,000 to $5,000 per every sponsored Instagram post.
- Mega-influencers: These are usually celebrities and superstars and charge between $5,000 to $2,0000 for each post.
- Driving Traffic To Your Blog
Blogging is a great way to make some extra cash during this time of lockdown. But if you’re struggling to get the needed traffic, you need to use Instagram to promote your blog. This is because Instagram is a remarkable platform for driving traffic to your blog.
To do this, you need to include a link on your profile and convince your followers to head over to your blog. If you have over 10,000 followers, you can also add this link to IG stories. You’ll need to convince your visitors that reading your blog will provide them with value.
- Run A Social Media Marketing Agency
Social media agencies are tasked with controlling a brand’s social presence across the different social media platforms, more so Instagram. You should look to take advantage of this opportunity with brands always looking for reliable marketing agencies. The task of developing a great Instagram marketing strategy usually entails;
- Engaging with the online community
- Creating content
- Locating target audiences
- Competition research
- Examining and reporting the performance
- Explaining SMART goals
Owning a social media agency can generate hundreds of thousands of dollars every year. However, you can’t do this all alone but with assistance from a team of professionals mandated with managing the Instagram accounts 24/7.