Running a business doesn’t have to be all work and no play and in fact, in this day and age, taking a different approach to how you run your business can help give you an edge like no other. However, giving yourself that edge can sometimes be dangerous for business because people tend to stick to what they already know. So how can you have the best of both worlds? Take a look at these tips on how to become a trendier business so that you can stand out from the crowd and still please your customers.
Become internet savvy
It’s mad to think that a mere 10 years ago we didn’t use the internet in everyday life as much we do now. While there were social media platforms such as Bebo and MySpace, the obsession wasn’t even nearly as intense as it is now with social media, and the internet in general. A whopping 86% of the population uses social media at least once every day, and you should use this to your advantage with your business. Since the whole world is online, why not join them and reap the benefits? Here’s how you can do that and tick all of the right boxes at the same time:
- Post regularly to social media. With billions of people using it every day, you can only imagine how quickly your posts will become lost in the abyss if you’re not regularly updating your followers.
- Remember that a small group of dedicated followers is going to be more beneficial than a large following that doesn’t really care. Don’t look at stats in too much depth as this can lead you to stray from the people you’re trying to connect with.
- Give people a reason to like, share, and comment on your content. Running competitions on social media is a great way of increasing user engagement and also building up your social media following. Link the competition back to your website and you’ll increase your traffic too. Traffic on your website = sales.
- Engage with your followers. If they ask a question, answer it! If they’re disgruntled and posting terrible comments, resolve it publicly so that your followers can see you’re dedicated to them.
- Learn the algorithm of each social media platform. A good time to post on Facebook isn’t going to be the same for Twitter, and once you learn ideal times you will notice larger engagement and followers.
- Use a social media scheduler to help keep on top of your online content. Alternatively, hire someone to take over the marketing side of your business.
- Post content that’s relevant to your business, yet fun at the same time. Memes are a fantastic way of reaching out to people and catching their attention.
Knowing how to use social media to its full potential will give you a voice online and ultimately, vamp up your cool status amongst your customers and followers.
Start a trend
One of the fastest ways to become trendy is to start a trend and own it. Whether it be a catchphrase, a product, or even a mobile app for your business, showing others that you’re confident will surely lead them in the right direction. While many other businesses have their own mobile apps, being the first in your business niche to create one would help you stick out from the crowd. Even if it’s something as simple as being able to communicate with you via your app rather than having to phone or come in store, you’ll be leading the way to a trendier business. Check out https://www.intellectsoft.net/services/mobile-development for more information on mobile app development!
Show off your employees
Being proud of who works for you does wonders for the way people see you as a business. It’s not very often that every single member of staff is credited in business achievement, and while they may not have necessarily contributed, they’re still part of the team that did. Show off your employees by celebrating every little victory, praising them for their hard work, and generally showing everyone how incredible your team is will show your customers that you’re caring, compassionate, and not just a corporate company that’s in it for one thing only: profit. Why not redesign your company’s meet the team page?
Revamp your store
Appearances matter, and if your store is looking a little gloomy then the last thing people are going to think about your business is that it’s ‘trendy’. Adding curb appeal and revamping the inside of your store will increase foot traffic. Higher foot traffic levels means more sales. Also, having a unique and quirky look will draw people in without them even realising it!
Build relationships with your customers
As mentioned earlier, people are likely to steer away from companies that come across as corporate and cold-hearted, and that’s why it’s important to build relationships with your customers. Much like social media, it’s better to have a small group of loyal customers than a large group of infrequent visitors.
Donate to charity
While charities are designed to raise money for a good cause, they can also seriously help your reputation as a business. Again, this all boils down to showing your customers that you care. Not only that, you’ll be donating to a cause that’s in need as well!
Host super swanky events
Finally, hosting swanky events for your staff, investors, and customers to attend is sure to raise your popularity profile in the outside world. Even if you’re throwing an event to get to know those people better, it’s the perfect opportunity to lay some foundations and keep your social status at an all-time high.
As you can see, being trendy as a business doesn’t mean that you have to be unprofessional. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Try some of these ideas and you’ll soon notice how much it’s benefitting your business!