Every year, while everyone is out celebrating the New Years, I usually take this time to reflect, with cold beers of course. That’s my New Year’s Eve routine. It has been that way for the past three years.
That’s my New Year’s Eve routine. It has been that way for the past three years.
This year was a an AMAZING year for me; I achieved goals in my mini bucket list that I wrote on my whiteboard. The biggest goal was to get six pack abs! OH YEAH!
I always wanted it, so I worked hard for it and got it before my birthday.
Last night, for some strange reason, I was up for over 20 hours. I couldn’t sleep; I had so much on my mind. Usually, when this happens, I turn to writing because it allows me to express myself well.
It’s my ‘moment’, and I won’t stop writing until my eyes feel heavy.
Last night I wrote a couple of blog drafts. Then while searching for quotes for my blog post when I stumbled upon a quote by William Ross. He said
“Every man dies – Not every man really lives.”
What a strange quote to be reading when you’re up at 4 am. That drove me to create a list of new things to try and achieve in 2018.
That drove me to create a list of new things to try and achieve in 2018. It’s time to start living… I told myself.
The thing is while I achieved many things in my mini bucket list, there were also things I wanted to do in 2015 that was left unintended.
I’ve procrastinated on some of them for months and years now.
Many of them can be achieved easily, and some of them scare the living hell out of me like eating BUGS! Some seem impossible but I’ll try my best. Failing for me is always moving forward. Not trying is failing for me.
Failing for me is always moving forward. Not trying is failing for me.
So for my bucket list ideas for 2018, I have three simple rules:
- The entire list must be completed by 31st December 2018.
- I can not add or remove any item from the list
- I’ll update my progress on a monthly basis
50 Bucket List Ideas for 2018 you can do almost everywhere
1. Do a handstand
2. Start a new blog
3. Write 750 words daily
4. Learn to meditate and practice it for ONE month without fail.
5. Read 50 books
6. Monetize new blog
7. Launch my very own product
8. Run a marathon
9. Learn a new skill from Udemy
10. Get a tailored fit suit
11. Donate $200 to a charity
12.Go hiking. (Need to get a good hiking sticks)
13. Get a more defined body
14. Perfect two latte art
15. Eat bugs in Bangkok
16. Write a handwritten note and send it to someone
17. Wake up 6:30 am every day for a month
19. Try a new water sport
20. Travel to my dream location
21. Eat at a Michelin star restaurant
22. Create a catchphrase
23. Take pottery class
24. Get an article trend top 10 on Medium
25. Visit an animal shelter
26. Get published on a top blog (Inc, Entrepreneur, Fast Company)
27. Take Soylent for three days
29. Learn a new language
30. Take photo with someone famous
31. Learn how to make protein bread
32. Lay in a hammock and read a book
33. Watch the sunset at the beach.
34. Do handstand walk
35. Learn how to juggle
36. Eat at a restaurant alone in a foreign country
37. Write 200 blog posts
38. Get on a front cover of a magazine
39. Create a youtube video
40. Do something scary
41. Take a cheesy travel picture.
42. Buy flowers for someone I love
43. Surprise girlfriend 3 times.
44. Fly a plane
45. Get a massage
46. Go two days without using tech such as computer, phone, & tablets
47. Stay awake for 24 hours
48. Try a new ethnic food
49. Learn a new word every day
50. Stay in a 5-star hotel
Those are my bucket list ideas for 2018. Remember, every day is like a blank notebook. You get to write anything you want and fill it.
What’s in your bucket list ideas for 2018?