Everyone has that one friend who loves to play video games. What’s more, it’s highly likely that you have the same interests as the people in your social circle—you know, birds of the same feather and all that. With this, you’ll want to think about giving virtual gifts to your gamer friends.
The process of gift-giving seems relatively straightforward. However, with the recent coronavirus pandemic, you have to consider the implications of sending a physical gift, especially with the heightened risk of infection.
Fortunately, you can give them virtual gifts, which are, typically, electronic vouchers or codes that your friends can redeem on their favorite stores. The primary benefit of this type of gift is that they can choose the product or service that they want, which means that you can be sure that they’ll enjoy it to the fullest. Plus, even if your pal selects a physical product, you won’t have to worry about their health since companies have implemented safety measures to protect consumers. These include disinfecting the merchandise before they’re shipped to the customer.
Here are virtual gift ideas that you can give your gamer friends:
1. Steam Games
Steam is one of the largest video gaming platforms in the world these days. It’s run by Valve Corporation, which is known for developing Dota 2, as well as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO).
The gaming client initially started by Valve to provide automatic updates for their games. Over time, however, it has accepted games from third-party publishers. Now, it has become a go-to source of new games for avid gamers.
You can purchase digital products from Steam for yourself. You can also send them as a gift. First, you have to download the app on your PC and search for games that your friend might like. Next, you click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Afterward, you’ll be prompted to choose between purchasing for yourself or as a gift before you can proceed to checkout. When you choose the latter, you can opt to send the game information, such as access details, directly to your friend’s email address or have them unlock it right on the platform.
Moreover, did you know that you won’t even have to spend a dime on sending gifts to your gamer friends? You can earn Steam codes as a reward by answering online surveys and accomplishing other online tasks, such as watching videos, as well as testing new mobile games. With this, you can save money, without compromising the quality and likability of your gifts. Learn more about how to get free Steam codes here.
2. In-Game Items
Aside from goodies from Steam, you can also give your gamer friends a little something to improve their experience on their favorite video games. Most games allow players to top-up using real-world currency to customize the appearance of their characters and weapons.
These in-game items usually don’t have any bearing on the characters’ skills. But, they do create a more personalized atmosphere for the players. Additionally, these make their characters easily identifiable when they kill their opponents, especially in the window at the end of the session.
You can ask your friends’ video game of choice. However, if you’d like to keep it a surprise, you may find clues on their social media profiles since a majority of games offer rewards to players when they post about them.
Meanwhile, they’ll most likely be avid players of the following top video games for 2020:
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo has always provided consumers with addicting video games. Animal Crossing, which was developed for their Switch console, is no different. The main objective is to build a community from scratch on a deserted island. Players can customize their characters, homes, decorations, and landscapes, which means that there are lots of in-game items that you can gift your friend.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone – It’s a free-to-play battle royale video game. CoD fans will surely enjoy getting a free battle pass, which unlocks free weapons, as well as new characters, weapon skins, and watches. Additionally, players can earn up to 1,300 points that you can use to purchase in-game bundles.
- Valorant – This is one of Riot’s latest video games. It combines the fun of 5v5 character-based gameplay with magic and other fantasy elements. It’s free-to-play, but there are microtransactions. These in-game purchases typically involve buying weapons, skins, and other cosmetic features. You can also unlock agents using real-world money.
- Minecraft – This sandbox video game lets players explore a 3D world and create their own little sanctuaries. In-game items are published in the Microsoft Marketplace, which offers a way for Minecraft creators to earn from the game.
- Fortnite – This is a cooperative shooter-survival game, wherein players have to fight against their environment or opposing teams. It has in-game currency, called V-Bucks, which can be used to purchase skins, but doesn’t affect gameplay.
3. Gift Cards
Gift cards are another viable virtual gift choice. Almost all companies sell gift cards for their products and services. These cards are useful for businesses to ensure recurring customers, as well as introduce their brand to a new set of prospects.
Aside from traditional gift cards, stores, these days, now also offer electronic ones that you can redeem on their e-commerce websites. These usually come in the form of unique codes that they can type in during the checkout process. You should remember that gift cards have a limit, so buyers have the option to pay for the excess with cash.
You can purchase gift cards for, virtually, any type of product or service, such as:
- Video Games – These are the safest gifts that you can give to avid gamers. It could be a premium version of their favorite game or a new one that you’re certain they will enjoy.
- Electronics – Nowadays, most games require a strong computer or smartphone. You can help your loved one purchase their dream CPU or mobile device by giving them gift cards from a reputable electronics company. This way, you contribute to the improvement of their gameplay.
- Retail Goods – You can also aid them in purchasing their daily necessities. Retailers like Amazon, Target, and Walmart have an assortment of gift cards that you can choose from, particularly with your gift budget.
- Health And Fitness Products – Gamers have gained a reputation for being sedentary creatures due to the hours that they spend sitting in front of the TV or computer. You can aid your friends in staying healthy by giving them gift cards for health and fitness products.
Similar to Steam codes, you can also get free gift cards online. Answering surveys is one of the many ways that people are making money through the Internet. Platforms that allow users to participate in market research reward their members through cash or gift cards.
The entertainment industry has also maximized gift cards by providing consumers with an option to give their loved ones a subscription to their favorite platforms. From streaming to meal delivery services, you can offer an alternative to how your friends keep themselves amused when they want to take a break from playing video games.
These are some subscription services that you can give to your pals:
- Video – Video is the content of choice for a lot of web users these days. Your friend will definitely enjoy a subscription to streaming platforms where they can watch their favorite movies and shows.
- Music – On the other hand, they may also appreciate a free music subscription service that they can use anytime they want. You can pair this gift card with one for health and fitness so that they can play music to get their blood pumping during workouts.
- Health And Fitness – There are companies that offer subscription services to gyms and other fitness classes. This type of gift card allows holders to access the establishments and equipment. If you’re worried about the current health crisis, most gyms also publish exclusive online classes that your friend can join while in the comfort of their own homes.
- Meal Delivery – Help your friends eat healthier or, actually, to just remember to eat by giving them a gift card for a meal delivery service subscription. They can still choose the menu they want, but without the hassle of preparing and cleaning up after they cook.
- E-Learning – Learning a new skill is always relevant. Give your friends a nudge in the direction of their dreams by giving them a gift card for the online class that they’ve always wanted to enroll in.
Money will always be the most practical gift that you can give someone. Nowadays, electronic wallets allow you to send cash to your friends with ease. This way, they can use the funds on anything they want, without any limits on the stores where they can spend them.
Virtual gifts are a boon these days, especially with the current coronavirus pandemic. You can still show your love to your friends by sending them gift cards or cash electronically. Your gamer friends will also enjoy Steam codes and items that they can use in their favorite games to improve their gaming experience.