We often witness any road accident when we are on the road. Usually, we pass by the place of the incident without taking any notice. Accidents may be on a small scale or have huge consequences also. In both, the conditions people have to suffer.
It is not necessary that accidents occur due to the negligence of people having vehicles. Drivers are not always responsible for incidents. Sometimes pedestrians are at mistake. Due to their lack of awareness of traffic rules, others have to face the music.
We often see that pedestrians usually involve women, children, and aged people. Adults, while walking on the road must aware about the rules and duties. They should abide by the traffic rules. Secondly, kids should be taught how to cross the road and how they have to use the road??? They must be familiar with traffic signals and most common traffic signs.
Here are some basic factors, that everybody should know and follow while he or she is on the road without vehicles:
- Bike/Motorcycle Accident:
Accidents mainly caused by the carelessness of motorcycle drivers. Bike riders usually run their bikes at high speed. They even don’t care for traffic rules and other people on the road. Driving bikes beyond the limit look adventurous to them. In fact, it is perilous.
If you have to face any accident due to any motorcycle driver and it causes severe damage to you, then you can sue the liable person. A motorcycle accident attorney in Indiana will surely help you a lot in this regard. You can claim liability via taking its services.
- Teen Drink Driving:
Another really very big issue is that we allow our teens to drive bikes. Bikes usually mean a toy for them. They do not care about rules and regulations.
Their proper counseling is mandatory in order to make them good and responsible driver.
- Using Footpath:
Footpaths are specially made for pedestrians. Always use footpaths where available. They guarantee the protection of pedestrian as well of the people on vehicles. In case you are using the footpath to cross the road, you must look at both side of the road. This dual consideration is very much Important for your safety.
In case of absence of Footpath, you should walk on the right side of the road. The primary reason for using the right-hand side is that you can keep an eye on the upcoming traffic. You must consider that:
- In the case of poor light, be focused and attentive of the traffic.
- If the road is not wide enough, you must keep yourself at the edge of the road.
- While crossing the road, you must notice that there is no sharp right bent so that the traffic coming from the side can notify you.
- Children’s safety:
Children safety is very much important. You should keep this in mind that kids should not be allowed to cross the road alone. They even should not use the road alone. Most of the accidents on the road occur just because of the children. You should follow the following steps:
- Hold the hands of children firmly while crossing the road.
- Ask them to see at both sides of the road. They will learn to do this whenever they are crossing the road.
- Advise them not to run alone on the road.
- Always be in between the traffic and the children.
- If kids are too young to use a pram, you must not push the pram first in order to check whether traffic is on the road or not?
- Using Barriers:
When barriers are placed for a pedestrian on the road, these barriers should be used accordingly. Pedestrians should not jump over the obstacles.
- Crossing Road at Night:
If you have to cross the road at night, then you must follow the underline mentioned rules:
- If there is a street light, then you should stand beneath it. So that you can easily be visible to upcoming traffic.
- If no street lights are present, then you must use some items that can be seen clearly on the road. You can use any bright bans, bags or jackets. This material should be bright enough so that drivers can notice via headlights.
- Avoid Emergency Traffic:
Sometimes we have to cross the road, and some emergency vehicle is running on the road. This e.emergency vehicle can be an ambulance, police or any fire engine. They place a blue light on the above portion of the vehicle. When you look that blue light with alarm ringing, you must avoid walking on the road.
- Using Crossings:
While you have to cross the road, you must use zebra crossing or any other crossing. Before crossing, you should consider that:
- Traffic has been stopped entirely so that you can cross the road.
- You must walk on the marks of the zebra crossing. Walking along the marks will be harmful to you.
Be safe and take care of others who are on the road. The road and streets are public property. These should be appropriately handled and used. As everyone on the road is responsible for not only for his life but for others lives also. Remember that Motorcycle accident attorney Indiana is always there to help you in claiming an accident liability.
Hope these basic rules will help you a lot.