Today is twitter’s fifth birthday! Happy Birthday twitter! WOW is the word I would use for Twitter’s fifth-birthday video. I watched the video several times and the astronaut’s view of Earth amazes me every time I watch it. It inspired me to write this post.
What can we learn from the video? I would like to share some of the lessons I got from the short and inspiring message from some of the people. The lessons aren’t new, it’s what twitter is about, it’s why we use Twitter, and it’s why we continue to use Twitter daily. Everyone uses Twitter differently.
- Learn and share what others are doing – @RichardBrandson
- Share your interest with others – – @vidaboheme
- Find out what is happening – @piersmorgan
- Keep up to date with your friends – @serenawilliams
- Keep up to date with your industry – @Rzrachelzon
- Keep up to date with people you admire – @snoopdogg
- Keep up to date with partners – @sfzoo
- Get real time information – @Yelletweets
- Know what your customers wants – @JulienPerretta
- Engage and communicate with your community – @DanaWhite
- Connect with fans – @Juanes
- Share your interest and life – @Astro_Paulo
- Bring people together – @statedept
- Listen to your people – @speaker_boehner
- Keep in touch – @marthastewart
- LISTEN – @GaryVee
- For me, I use it to connect. – @askaaronlee
Oh wait, something is wrong with the last lesson, oh! I added the last one. I was not in the video of course. Most important lesson is from Twitter, from the title of their video:
“Follow Your Interests. Discover Your World.” – @twitter
Follow your interest and you’ll discover your world. Mine is to connect with people around the world. What about you? Why do you use twitter? Share it with us.