This is a guest contribution from Vincent Hill from How to Start a Blog.
If you have a knack for writing and wants to earn extra dollars at the same time, blogging is the right venue for you.
A lot of millennials have been recently joined the world of blogging as this is not only a venue where they can express themselves and share a thing or two about their lives, it is also a platform where they can earn extra money.
A lot of websites and software have been created to make the world of bloggers easy and convenient, and one of the most popular used is WordPress.
It is a free and easy software that you can use to create a beautiful blog. So how can WordPress be an aid in creating a blog that will generate a return on investment? Read on these tips below and start a blog of your own.
- Offer sponsored post service – Lots of businessmen have used blogging as a media to promote their product and gain more potential customers. By offering a sponsored post service, your blog contains a link which would direct to their website or product. A lot of bloggers have earned a lot of money through sponsored post service.To entice a reliable source of income, your blog should get higher ranks in the SEO traffic websites and should be unique and interesting. Additionally, your blog design is also very important as it serves as your store front window for potential customers. WordPress offers a lot of unique and interesting designs that you can choose from.
- Pay per click Advertising – Pay per click is another platform of advertisement where an advertiser pays the publisher when their ad on the publisher’s website is clicked. It’s a way of getting a wider market and gaining more potential customers. To get more ads posted on your blog, make sure that you have strong popularity as most advertisers would prefer to host their ad on bloggers that have huge number of followers. Create blog contents that are relevant, unique and relatable to the readers to gain popularity. Having a pay per click ad on your blog site is a sure source of income since the ad stays on your site for a quiet period of time.
- Restricting Access to your Content and membership sites – Though you want to share as much of your blog contents to everybody, restring access to some content is also wise. You can share some part of your blog to paid members only and WordPress offers a lot of tools and plug-ins to create restriction. Having a membership website helps you monetize some of your blog contents. To make sure that exclusive members will get the most out of their membership, offer contents that should be significant enough to make their purchase necessary. Your contents should only be exclusive to your website and avoid pricing it too much as this could potentially lose some of your valued members.
- Market affiliate products – Affiliate marketing is one way of earning on your blog. You select a product which is related to the niche of your blog, and then create awareness of the product by writing contents about it and when someone buys the product, you will earn a commission from it. To promote an affiliate product, you can create a review post. Not only it is a way of introduction of the product to your blog readers, it is also serves as a guide to your readers to make them understand the benefits that they will get from the product being promoted. Make sure that your review is honest and select a product that you would most likely use yourself. You can also do a DYI article as this is also one of the best ways in promoting an affiliate product. These tutorial steps are not only informative and helpful; it would also increase your search engine ranking.
- Promoting your services – Having a business blog is one of the easiest ways of promoting a service or product, plus it is very cost-effective. It is an effective platform to increase your sales and get more potential customers. Your blog content should be entertaining, educational and interactive. Write contents that can be answers to the most frequently asked questions by your readers. Having valuable content will ensure returning visitors.
WordPress is certainly a great aid in the lives of bloggers. Creating a blog using WordPress would not only enhance your writing skills but it is also a potential means of earning a lot of money. Just make sure that you follow the steps provided to keep that monetary value coming.
Vincent Hill is an expert writer who writes on different categories like how to start a blog, content writing, blog design and much more. His writing is not only descriptive but also meaningful. He loves to share his ideas on different categories.