Was trying to sleep and as usual, usually at this hour I am awake, reading, tweeting, writing, etc. I love when its so quiet that the only sound I hear are the “clicking” sound of my keyboard. I don’t listen to music because I get distracted easily.
You may have notice, I’ve not updated this blog for a while now, if you don’t know, I am currently working as an intern in Media Contacts Singapore who was kind enough to give me a place for training. I moved from Malaysia and currently settled down in Singapore for a while. I don’t have any experience working on real projects before and it was a great learning and humbling experience, especially to start with a great and dedicated team, not to mention me asking lots questions and people there was very patient with me despite work tied on their hands.
Was looking back at how I stumble upon twitter, how i connected with people, how it got me a job, (yes,,, believe it) and why i’ve always felt so comfortable using social networking sites like twitter and facebook and I’ve always been active on both of these networks.
My story and why I love social networking sites.
- Sometimes too many things pops up in my head that when I talk that it doesn’t make any sense (need more training). Not to mention speak very fast (so my friend says). I speak fast when I am passionate and i speak fast when I am in a “panic” mode. With sites like twitter, it doesn’t show because I can edit it. Oh! that doesn’t mean I am not working on it offline btw!
- Blogging have helped me to arrange my thoughts together and it has been an amazing journey improving my writings since i am not the best writer.
- There is no relationship boundaries! I am able to connect with anyone easily, so are you! Perhaps you’re reading this in the States! 🙂
- I am “shy” when I meet new people, don’t really know what to say or know how to respond sometimes. Unless I’ve known them for a while which makes things easier. People who know me after a while knows a i talk a lot. “Breaking the ice” on social networking sites helps me a lot.
- You can’t really judge someone, I’ve some experience getting judge by others offline but I don’t mind. Since you can’t REALLY judge someone by their appearances, etc online, it can be a good and bad thing. I look at it as a good thing because I can take the time to know someone, its also a good thing because people don’t know or can’t tell my age or height, (met @jayoatway offline and he expected me to be taller….grrr) hence one way for people to know more about me is to look at my tweets, get to know me or read my blog etc.
Thats my story why i love it! I am sure you’ve your story how you stumbled upon social networking sites or why you love it.
Everyone have a story and everyone in interesting in their ways. Whats yours?