Sure you can build your brand on social media, I mean everyone is able to build a great brand on social networking sites right? WRONG! If you’re doing it wrongly it may even hurt you in the long run, take US Airlines for example who decided not to respond to customer’s enquiries on twitter. The best part was they decided to respond to a celebrity on twitter and ignored other tweets. Tsk tsk! picky picky!
Its time to wake up and smell the coffee and see that social media might not be for you or its not going to save your brand. Social media may not help you if you
- Post tweets and facebook wall updates and expect people to come buy from you. SORRY buddy, you’re going to realized that after a few months that it won’t work.
- Have a really bad product and you want social media to save you, if you want to save your product you need to start listening what people are saying about your product and improve on your product. Question is, do you use your own product? 🙂
- Don’t want or don’t respond to your community .
- Have a community but don’t know how where they are.
- Don’t want to give your community a voice like having a private twitter account or not allow them to post on your facebook
- Write “10000000” guidelines to follow if your community decides to connect with you. I saw one yesterday on facebook which had a “guideline” tab and said “We will delete your post if its not related to our product” something along that lines. I was like… WOW..
- Expect your community to do all the work for you when you don’t treat them like humans and treat them as data.
- Abandon your facebook/twitter profile after a week. Most brands or businesses abandon their page after using is for a while and realized they are not “making money” after a while. Why? See reason #1
- Feel that what i say is false and you do most of them 😛