Without customers, your business will never survive, I was inspired by a blog post by Ian Lurie, where Ian wrote about nice things that businesses can do for their customers, so I decide to write about how you can do nice things for your customers with the help of social media. In no particular order, here are some ways I think you can use social media for your customers.
1) Respond to your customers. This is one of the most important things you can actually do, some people are asking you question because they are interested. You’re actually losing customers when you don’t respond.
2) Reward your customer, whether it’s checking into your business or saying nice things about your business. You can reward them with a simple coupon, free meal or free snacks. Think long term.
3) Promote your customers. Find ways to promote your customers on social media, whether it’s having a customer of the week/month on your Facebook wall or blog about your customers.
4) Thank your customers. People love to feel appreciated; a thank you note makes someone feel special. If your customers said nice things about you on twitter, say “thank you”
5) Invite your customers to offline events. If you have a local event, why not invite your customers there? A restaurant invited active yelp reviewers to their launching, to eat for free and they can decide if they want to leave a comment or not.
6) Write/comment on their blog – If your customers write about you on their blog, you can respond to them on their comment, this is what @FourSeasons Hotel does amazingly.
7) Treat every customer special. Your customers want to be pampered, I know I do! When @thomasmarzano posted on twitter that he had a huge bath tub in his hotel room at Four Seasons, they gave him a small gift so that he can use it in the bathtub, they even wrote him a personalized note.
8) Apologies if you’ve done something wrong, @ramon_deleon apologized to one of their customer through a video on youtube when they messed the customers order.
9) Do something unique. Talking about unique Porche celebrated their 1,000,000 fans on facebook by designing a vinyl wraparound for their GT3 R Hybrid that included names of all their 1 million fans.
10) Customer service is important, if you do not have customer service on twitter or any social networking sites, chances are, you are losing customers. @UsAirways chose not to respond their customers on twitter, and their customers aren’t happy about this.
11) Surprise your customers – Everyone loves surprises, that is what Pretzel Crisps did, they delivered their snacks to customers offline personally.
12) Ask your customers for feedback – Ask your customers for feedback, sometimes customers have something on their mind that they want to share. Feedbacks are very valuable for you to improve your business, ask and you shall receive.
13) Make it easy for customers – If customers have a problem, inquiries, questions, make it easy for them to look for you. Have a clear way for them to find you on social networking sites.
14) BE SOCIAL. Do not forget that.
Do you have anything to add? Feel free to add them, would love to hear about it.
photo credits: Northwest Georgia