Twitter is going to launched its long waited advertising platform that I know up to today a lot of people still feel that it is going to be annoying. I’m seeing this as a great opportunity for twitter since many people are saying “Twitter is not making money yet”. They will be launching their advertising platform on Tuesday.
The ad platform is called “Promoted Tweets” and I thought it was going to sound cool like google adwords. The ads will roll out Tuesday afternoon.
2. Promoted Tweets will appear at the top of the search results page like the one you see above.
3. A small text will appear at the bottom of the tweet indicating they were sponsored.
4. If the tweet isn’t tracking well in terms of replies, clicks, and a number of other metrics, twitter is calling “resonance”, and the ads will be pulled away. Therefore advertisers don’t have to pay for it. Great way to test the ads don’t you think so?
5. Advertisers will be paying on a CPM (What is CPM?) basis and twitter have plans to adjust the model.
6. Ads will appear on Twitter.com streams, TweetDeck and Tweetie later on
So what do you think about the ad platform now?